cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r201870 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks: forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/util/DomHelper.java woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/util/DomHelper.java
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:45:31 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>> The problem is the old org.apache.xerces.dom3.UserDataHandler does not
>> exists in the new Xerces version.
>>
>> What to do?
>

> There are at least two options:

>  * Check presense of the new xerces using reflection,
>    and make sure code works with both old xerces and new one.

Or use another approach that relies neiter on DOM3 nor on
Xerces-specific extensions. I suggested a long time ago (see [1]
"Implementation") a SAX filter that would add Locator information as
attributes to get rid of CForms' LocationTrackingDOMParser, but the itch
wasn't scratching enough.

Seems like the time has come now :-)

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106858374501055&w=2