cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Official presence for cocoon zones?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:20:43 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:
> If http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/ is the future of Cocoon
> documentation, shouldn't cocoon.apache.org be updated to mention it?
> The wiki is currently mentioned under the "Documentation" section on the
> front page of c.a.o and in the sidebar.
>
> Also, the front page of the Wiki should be updated too, no?  It still
> gives the impression that it is the documentation staging area (same w/
> the "About" page).  It should change to communicate its new role, and
> refer people to the Daisy site for documentation purposes?

Well, really, cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy should never be drawn
attention to. It is the place where our documentation will be edited,
but not where it will be published. It will be published on
cocoon.apache.org. So, it is really cocoon.apache.org that we need to
continue to draw attention to.

At the same time, we want to draw people into helping improve the
documentation (without more people, it could become just another dead
duck). So we perhaps need to draw attention to it from that perspective
- where you go to help us improve our documentation, but definitely not
as a definitive source of content.

Make sense?

Regards, Upayavira