cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [Ann/RFC] "Sitemap Blocks"
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:10:43 GMT
To make it easier to test the "sitemap blocks" I just added a simple
sample to trunk. It is rather primitive and doesn't illustrate all
features. There is one block "sample", that contains sitemap, stylesheet
etc for rendering the Cocoon samples. It also contains an example
sample.xml that is prepared to be polymorphically overiden by extending
blocks, by being used through the block: protocol in the sitemap.
Linkrewriting is also illustrated which requires that the linkrewriter
block is included.

There is another block "mysample" that extend the "sample" block and
overides sample.xml.

The blocks are situated in webapp/WEB-INF/blocks and the wiring.xml that
describes how the blocks are mounted is directly under webapp.

The blocks are mounted through the blocks: protocol in the main sitemap.
The normal use is that all the blocks: protocol always is used at the
root level, but as that would have shadowed the other samples I had to
mount the blocks one step down which made it a little bit hacky.

The samples is tested by pointing the browser at:

http://localhost:8888/blocks-test/sample/
and
http://localhost:8888/blocks-test/mysample/

/Daniel