cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transparent and automatic AJAX support for CForms
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:30:05 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2005, at 10:01, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

>>> http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=WebKit
>>>

>> Sure. Funny thing is that existing entries for WebKit are mostly
>> about XHR!
>

> I have seen other 'Ajax' type frameworks that allegedly work on
> Safari, so there must be some solution (?)

Yes, but they certainly don't use responses with zero-length content
(i.e. just headers) which is what is used in CForms to indicate that
interaction on the form is finished and that the full page should be
reloaded. And that's this zero-length response that seem to have
problems with Safari.

It is possible to circumvent this by always sending a response, but I'd
like to avoid this as far as possible, as it would require an additional
pipeline in the sitemap just for this purpose. That's why I want to
investigate further this Safari problem before going to that
unsatisfying solution.

Sylvain