cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transparent and automatic AJAX support for CForms
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:30:23 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I get the same problems with Safari 2.0 (412) with Tiger.
>
> This is just a warning for anyone wanting to use this new Ajax stuff
> for real projects ...... this stuff does not degrade gracefully, it
> just breaks in this browser.
>
> Sorry

Don't be! The issue with Safari is that its XMLHttpRequest doesn't seem
to consider responses of length zero as valid, which Firefox and IE do.

The problem is that fixing this will require to add an additional
ajax-specific pipeline in each cforms sitemap, which I would like to avoid.

I haven't had time to investigate on this Safari-specific issue. In the
meantime, I think the quickest fix is to disable Ajax when running on
Safari (boohooo...). I'll do that ASAP.

Sylvain