cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Helma van der Linden <h.vanderlin...@mi.unimaas.nl>
Subject Re: [SUMMARY] [VOTE] Document Editors, and a new Committer
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:31:47 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> So, we got 23 positive votes (if we include the +1 I forgot to make
> myself!) and zero negatives.
>
> Therefore, congratulations Helma, and welcome!
>
> As soon as necessary paperwork is dealt with, I will send the necessary
> requests for account creation.

Thanks guys for the confidence. It's a bit quiet now on the doc front.
My regular business is suddenly taking over.

Let me introduce myself for those that don't already know me. I live in
Maastricht, the Netherlands and I work at the University Maastricht,
department of Medical Informatics. After about 10 years of being a
network administrator I got the opportunity to become the software
engineer on a PhD project in 2000. After a year the original researcher
quit and I took over. I'm still working on it since I needed to build my
own "tool" and for that I needed to learn Java, Corba, various
healthcare standards and, finally Cocoon. For those interested: the
'tool' is a standards-based electronic health record system with a
Cocoon frontend and a Corba connection to the data servers.
Now the system needs a serious overhaul since the standards have
developed in an unforseen way and I need to build in authorisation in a
way that is probably not done before.

Somewhere in the distant past, before starting Computer Sciences, I
studied and graduated at the School for Translators here in Maastricht
in English and French (psst, don't tell).
Apart from my fulltime job I have a husband and two boys of 6 and 8.

Bye, Helma