cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: CForms: some renamings on the Widget interface
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:30:57 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Glen Ezkovich wrote:
>

> Yes, changes are possible, and each time some have occured we have
> made sure that existing code will either run in compatibility mode
> (with the appropriate deprectation logs) or fail hard by explaining
> what's happening.
>
> The problem here is that the semantics of an existing method changes,
> and existing code will still compile and run, but with the wrong data.
> Hence these two steps.
>
> Sylvain

I can see you're set on doing it this way say I'm not sure why I'm
posting.  Well, yes I am....

It would probably be easier for everyone if getId() just went away never
to be seen again.  Just pick some other name that doesn't conflict.
That is why I suggested getLocalName() and getFullName().  Or whatever.

Ralph