cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms Summer of Code project
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:41:02 GMT
Max Pfingsthorn wrote:
> Thank you very much, Reinhard!
>
> I'll fix that and submit it later today. After the email by Tim
> yesterday, I am a bit afraid that most work is already done and this
> project gets too small... I guess there is some bits of designing to
> be done, and the "marketing" anyway (i.e. docs and further examples).
> Does macro inheritance work yet? Or declaring single fields in the
> library?
>
> I'm sorry if I got a bit confused with whats already there and what is
> still left to be done for me.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that Tim has already started with the work. But AFAICS Tim
has worked on the library import part and the "inheritance" part is still
missing. Hence I think that there is some work left for you.

If you're right and the remaining work doesn't justify two months of work, I'm
sure, we will come up with new ideas (refactor cforms/flowscript and
cforms/javaflow API, refactor cforms standard XSLTs for better reuse, test suite
to ensure backwards compatibility, ...). Take them as ideas for now - of course
we will discuss this in depth when your project has been accepted by Google.

Maybe you can add a note to your proposal that

  - the work on the project has already been started but is stalled because the
    original committer working on it is very busy ATM.
  - the first part of your work is to find out what *exactly* of the
    requested features is still open and what has already been solved
  - if the remaining work doesn't justify 2 months of work, you will work
    on other parts of cForms (see above)

HTH

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc