cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FlowApi and JavaFlow
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:37:51 GMT
> I followed your discussion about the CForm flowscript API. Does this
> affect JavaFlow ?

Well... javaflow tries to mime the flowscript API.
or at least tries to be very close.

> And, as I am in the startup of major project, and want to use JavaFlow,
> is this a safe decision for the future?

There are a few things on the TODO list - especially for 2.2.
It uses the new codebase over at jakarta. Currently the CForms
integration is missing and has to be ported back from 2.1.

Some work and we could have flow with shutdown persistence,
auto-reloading and even session replication based on javaflow.

IMO it's promising but the more people join the development
the better.

Hm... maybe the port of the CForms integration
could also be a SummerOfCode project?!

> There is not much documentation
> around there, so I am not sure wether this block is stable enough for
> production useā€¦

...one thing on the todo list ;)

HTH

cheers