cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Consensus about documentation location
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:35:44 GMT
Linden H van der (MI) wrote:
> Reinhard,
>

>>Maybe it has already been discussed and then I'm more than
>>happy with a link but
>>if not, can you explain the process of how our documentation
>>gets published
>>(http://cocoon.apache.org)? IIUC,
>>cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/ is our staging
>>area and not the official documentation, right?
>

> AFAIU there is a Daisy-to-Forrest plugin available now or any time soon
> that could do the trick.
>

>>Another question is the relationship between our generated
>>documentation and the CMS? Are there any guidelines where we draw the
>
> borderline
>
>>and the integration process to get one documentation in the end?
>

> Please help out, what generated documentation do you mean? Are you
> referring to documentation embedded in Java docs? I.e. API docs?

yes, the usual javadocs, the page generated out of trunk/lib/jars.xml and the
pages generated out of the javadocs of sitemap components. Some auto-generated
documentation for Cocoon Forms also makes sense or is IMHO the only chance to
keep the docs consistent with the code.

Additionally we will have to work out how this relates to the cocoon-refdoc
project Bertrand is mentoring.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc