cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Consensus about documentation location
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:51:07 GMT
Linden H van der (MI) wrote:

Many thanks for the summary and the vote. I have to admit that I wasn't able to
read all the mails.

> Guys,
> I'm aware that I'm not officially a committer (yet), however, I think it
> will be a good idea to get explicit consensus on where to locate the
> docs and about a rough outline of the future actions.
> This is the proposal:
> - the current Daisy site at the zones [1] will be the "incubator" for
> the new documentation. I.e. new content is to be entered there.
> - this documentation is targeted at Cocoon 2.2. This means that we try
> to write version-independent documentation, but when there is a
> difference between 2.1 and 2.2, the documentation will describe 2.2.
> - the rules for the various roles have been defined already [2]. Note,
> registered guests can leave comments.
> - this also implies that we stick with Daisy as CMS (and not venture on
> the endless hunt for THE best system/toolset).
> - all current content in both wiki and "official docs" will be evaluated
> and either deprecated or moved over into the Daisy site.
> - once the wiki is "processed" (i.e. all documentation is (re)moved), it
> will only serve as a scratchpad, either for random thoughts/proposals or
> for users that want to offer documentation but have no editor rights in
> the Daisy site. I.e. the content of the wiki should be kept as small as
> possible and deprecated information should be removed as soon as
> possible.

+1 for all

> - the current intention is to eventually move the content of the Daisy
> site over to the "official documentation". This is no hard coded rule
> and may be changed later.

Maybe it has already been discussed and then I'm more than happy with a link but
if not, can you explain the process of how our documentation gets published
( IIUC, is our staging
area and not the official documentation, right?

Another question is the relationship between our generated documentation and the
CMS? Are there any guidelines where we draw the borderline and the integration
process to get one documentation in the end?