cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap: flow and interpreters
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:03:06 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>> 2-Should we want to encourage people to write Javaflow instead of
>> JSFlow?
>

> no, I think offering both options is enough. People can decide
> themselves.

Actually, I think we need a third option, but I don't know what it is.
I've heard the desire to have something that is like the sitemap in that
is a "configuration file" (i.e. it is XML) but is more programmable.  I
suppose something like Jelly, although I doubt I'd ever recommend using
Jelly itself.  Basically its as if they want the sitemap, but with the
ability to stick if/else, for, while, etc. statements in it and be able
to call Java business methods from it.

Ralph