cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap: flow and interpreters
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 06:18:27 GMT
Glen Ezkovich wrote:

>> 2-Should we want to encourage people to write Javaflow instead of
>> JSFlow?
>

> No. While I plan on using Javaflow going forward, JSFlow makes flow
> available to Javascript programers (web masters).

Interesting that you should say that because that is exactly the reason
why we would use Javaflow.  We believe the controller and model are the
responsibility of the software engineer and should be in the deployed
webapp, while the view is the responsibility of the web guys.  Thus,
using Java keeps the web guys from being tempted into mucking with the
controller.

> Glen Ezkovich
> HardBop Consulting
> glen at hard-bop.com