cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sitemap: flow and interpreters
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:30:07 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> You're right that only one flow language can be used within one sitemap.
> Additionally to your reasons, there are two others:
>
>   - we need access to the flow controller of a sitemap
>     (to make e.g. Flowscript calls like
>      var x = cocoon.blocks.blockXYZ.myFunc()
>      possible)
>   - IIRC there is some sort of hack to identify the called method
>     in the JavaInterpreter.callFunction() method. If two registered
>     Javaflow classes have equally named methods, you can't use
>     both of them in your sitemap as one of them (I think the first)
>     is used

Ok, so we should decide if we want to support more than one flow
language per sitemap, first.

Then I think we should create something like a "sitemap environment"
object, containing the processor, the service manager etc. for the
current sitemap. Currently we have a getCurrentXY() method for each
object. We could all combine these information into a single
accessor object. And then we should include all available interpreters
in this object as well.

WDYT?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de