cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sitemap: flow and interpreters
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:45:23 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> While inspecting the current sitemap (tree builder) code for flow,
> I'm wondering about the support for different languages.
>
> The basic question first: do we want to support more than one flow
> language per sitemap?
>
> If yes, imho this isn't supported yet. It's possible to register
> scripts for different interpreters in a single sitemap. But as
> each flow node (containing the scripts) registeres itself at
> the tree processor and as the treeprocessor uses a simple map
> to store them, the last node wins. In addition there isn't a way
> to tell the call function node which language it should use.
>
> I think we should either allow only one script language per sitemap
> or we should fix the current code. I prefer the second solution.
>
> WDYT?

You're right that only one flow language can be used within one sitemap.
Additionally to your reasons, there are two others:

  - we need access to the flow controller of a sitemap
    (to make e.g. Flowscript calls like
     var x = cocoon.blocks.blockXYZ.myFunc()
     possible)
  - IIRC there is some sort of hack to identify the called method
    in the JavaInterpreter.callFunction() method. If two registered
    Javaflow classes have equally named methods, you can't use
    both of them in your sitemap as one of them (I think the first)
    is used

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc