cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <>
Subject compiling a custom transformer
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:50:08 GMT

I've been wanting to use the ValidationTransformer and
ValidationTransformerReporter described on the wiki at
The source code is given in some java files but I'm having trouble
compiling them.

In particular, the code has imports for various other Cocoon components.
I could add all the .jar files Cocoon uses into the CLASSPATH, but that
would be pretty laborious.
What is the normal mechanism for compiling such Java files? Of course I
will then want to put the classes into a jar, install that in the right
place, and have Cocoon find it.
Can I accomplish all that by putting the files into a new block? If so,
what is the procedure for creating a block?

I have searched around on and the wiki and mailing
list archives for info on creating a block, but all I see is discussion
about how blocks should be designed to work in the future.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have contacted the author of ValidationTransformer a couple of times
but have not received a reply.

View raw message