cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject compiling a custom transformer
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:50:08 GMT
Hello,

I've been wanting to use the ValidationTransformer and
ValidationTransformerReporter described on the wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ValidationTransformer
The source code is given in some java files but I'm having trouble
compiling them.

In particular, the code has imports for various other Cocoon components.
I could add all the .jar files Cocoon uses into the CLASSPATH, but that
would be pretty laborious.
What is the normal mechanism for compiling such Java files? Of course I
will then want to put the classes into a jar, install that in the right
place, and have Cocoon find it.
Can I accomplish all that by putting the files into a new block? If so,
what is the procedure for creating a block?

I have searched around on cocoon.apache.org and the wiki and mailing
list archives for info on creating a block, but all I see is discussion
about how blocks should be designed to work in the future.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have contacted the author of ValidationTransformer a couple of times
but have not received a reply.

Lars