cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms stabilization tasks (was Re: Marking cforms stable in 2.1.8)
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:17:36 GMT
Paul Crabtree wrote:

>Hi, i've just finished quite a large cocoon site using 2.1.7 with
>Forms V3. We choose this version for two reasons:
>
>1. At the time i couldnt find much info on the different versions or
>why they were there so assumed V3 meant it was more mature and the
>latest.

Well, yes, the latest, but the youngest and therefore not the more
mature :-)

>2. showForm() in V3 offers the ability to send viewData

V1 does also

>and declare a function for execution after the form has been shown each time.

V1 does also, allowing two functions to handle the iterative nature of
showForm: one after the page has been displayed (for cleanup) and one
when the browser submits the form (for restoring).

>V2
>allows a function but no viewData and V1 allows viewData but no
>function (i think). We therefore felt V3 had a richer, more flexible
>JS API and we thought we were going to need the function and viewData
>for our project.

Ok. So the good news is that V1 does all what you need and more !

Sylvain