cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Docs] A structure for "Getting Started"
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 15:07:24 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 09 Jun 2005, at 15:26, Mark Leicester wrote:
>
>> I don't really want to define a global structure a priori because I
>> expect each documentation writer will have their own view of how
>> documentation should be organised.
>

> And we now have a system which accommodates this. I was planning to
> write an email today about how to best tackle document organization
> and classification with our new documentation system, but plans
> changed when the youngest women in my life decided against them.
>
> As you might or might not know, you can have as many sites alongside
> each other if you want, each of them exposing a different hierarchy
> but using the same content.

An interesting feature also is the ability to import navigation within
navigations.

That means we can have "substructures" for particular areas of the
documentation, which are often easier to define, that are later
aggregated within bigger structures that may evolve more over time as
various documentations areas come up, or within different sites if we
want to propose (or try out) different navigation paths.

Sylvain