cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Pope <benpop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Marking cforms stable in 2.1.8
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 17:23:53 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> The problem is that we are recommending (and have been recommending)
> CForms as our forms framework for a long time.  Even if you haven't
> marked it stable, it already should be, based upon those recommendations.

Yes, in an ideal world the API would be fixed, but it seems this is not a big enough itch
for anybody, plus the fact that other things need fixing for it to happen.

> I would prefer that CForms be marked stable unless the necessary work
> can be done in the next 6 weeks.  Just so you know, I will be requiring
> a stable CForms on the next Cocoon release or I will vote -1.

It makes very little sense to mark it stable without it actually being what is generally considered
(by this community) as stable.

You might as well just throw away all semantics, I doubt there are many people here who want
to release something whose API they know will change, and then have to support it.
With all due respect, you've been around here long enough to know that you have to scratch
your own itches or wait for somebody else to.

Ben