cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding serializer info to SitemapSource
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:04:54 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>- SitemapSource should be the full key (its hash actually) and full validity
>>- processing a pipeline to an XML consumer should cache the SAX stream
>>using the restricted key and restricted validity
>>- processing a pipeline to an outputStream should cache the byte stream
>>using the full key and full validity
>>

>I think items 2 and 3 are ok (2 is as it is today and 3 is only use when
>a stream is used - and the whole pipeline is cacheable).
>Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean with item 1.

Yeah, difficult subject with many objects of the same kind :-)

I'm talking about:
- the pipeline key hash that's added to the "cocoon:" URI, resulting
from pipeline.getKeyForEventPipeline()
- the SitemapSource's validity which is the result of
pipeline.getValidityForEventPipeline().

IMO these should include the serializer key and validity rather than
stopping at the last transformer (or generator if there's no
transformer). The serializer information cannot be ignored since this
serializer is used when SitemapSource.getInputStream() is called.

Sylvain