cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Weird multithreading bug in Cron block
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:44:28 GMT
Bart Molenkamp wrote:

>A little bit off-toptic, but some time ago I used the pipeline machinery
>to generate mail-content for users, somewhere at night by a CRON job.
>For each user, the pipeline was called and the results were sent to that
>user. Processing such a pipeline from CRON took about 2 seconds for each
>mail, while calling that pipeline (trough the CocoonServlet), processing
>was done in less than 0.5 seconds. And after processing that pipeline
>100 times (for 100 users), an OutOfMemoryError was thrown.
>
>Any idea if this is related to your environment problems (CRON has it's
>own environment, right?)

Hmm... as for the execution time, the only explanation that comes to
mind is a difference in thread priorities. Except the environment setup
(BackgroundEnvironment vs HttpEnvironment) the processing is exactly the
same...

About the OutOfMemoryError, we need to check if the
CocoonQuartzJobExecutor properly releases everything.

Sylvain