cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access to Daisy for contributors
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:32:55 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 06 Jun 2005, at 12:39, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> In the above model a "user" is someone who self registered, can write
>> but not publish. A committer has the role "doc-team" and can publish.
>

> I could configure the following setup:
>
> * configure the site so that new document versions are saved in the
> "draft" state
> * guests are guest: no access rights except viewing and adding comments
> * create a role "document contributors" which can edit and save, but
> cannot toggle the draft/publish state
> * create a role "document committers" which can do the same + toggle
> the switch

+1.

> As per the CLA, the only valid agreement currently accepted by the ASF
> is the fax form.

We can consider that a CLA is needed for "document committers" as they
control official (i.e. published) docs, whereas "document contributors"
are considered like people contributing wiki pages and bugzilla patches,
and implicitely accept their contributions to be used by document
committers under the ASL. A way to ensure people don't miss this is a
checkbox in the registration screen stating "I accept my contributions
to be used, modified or even trashed by the documentation committers
according to ASL 2.0".

Sylvain