cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [Vote] Reduce dependencies to LogKit
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:22:14 GMT
We recently discussed the famous logging topic [1] and it seems
that we agree to reduce the dependencies to LogKit.

So, please cast your votes on the following:

We remove all direct dependencies to LogKit. The logging will still use
the LoggerManager interface through which LogKit can be
configured as the logging system for Cocoon. The logging infrastructure
(LogEnabled) is not affected by the changes; it works like before.
The only difference is the boot phase of Cocoon. We currently use
LogKit hardcoded there as well; this dependency will be removed. This
allows to run Cocoon without the logkit.jar.

In a second vote we will vote about the default logging system.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/