cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access to Daisy for contributors
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:55:48 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 06 Jun 2005, at 12:39, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> In the above model a "user" is someone who self registered, can write
>> but not publish. A committer has the role "doc-team" and can publish.
>

> I could configure the following setup:
>
> * configure the site so that new document versions are saved in the
> "draft" state
> * guests are guest: no access rights except viewing and adding comments
> * create a role "document contributors" which can edit and save, but
> cannot toggle the draft/publish state
> * create a role "document committers" which can do the same + toggle the
> switch
>
> As per the CLA, the only valid agreement currently accepted by the ASF
> is the fax form.

Really? That could be a real problem for getting folks to contribute to
the docs. It implies that, even to make a spelling correction, they
would need to submit a CLA.

There must be some other mecahnism in place otherwise we would not be
able to accept patches from non-committers. Can we not just follow the
model now used in JIRA? I suppose the difference is that once in the
Daisy repository, even in draft state, the contribution can be viewed as
being in the Apache version control system.

Hmmmm... this seems like it may be a problem.

How difficult would it be to make Daisy submit a patch to JIRA rather
than creating a new version (when the editor is not a "document
committer") and subsequently to allow a patch to be applied via the
Daisy interface?

Ross