cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Per sitemap classloading and ClassLoaderFactory
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:04:04 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Can you elaborate on your use case?

I can try :) I don't have a clear concept right now. All I want to do is
 to scan the classpath defined for the sitemap for some specific classes
(or perhaps resources - don't know yet). If these classes implement a
specific interface an instance of this class is created and registered.
Something along these lines.

> Hmm... since this class has to be defined by a higher-level classloader,
> what about allowing different implementations for the
> ClassLoaderFactory, i.e. using a role rather than a class name?

Ah, ok, I see, we have a chicken/egg problem here. Now, my idea was that
the classloader resides in the classpath defined for the sitemap which
wouldn't work. Hmpf. Ok, a role would work as well.
Hmm, I'm not happy with that solution. My idea was that this mechanism
is independent and the sitemap directory contains everything required to
handle this, including the own classloader class. Do you see any
possible solution for this?

> Also, it seems to me this property belongs more to <map:classpath>
> rather than <map:components>.

Oh, you're right. Sure!

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de