cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access to Daisy for contributors
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:27:34 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 6 juin 05, à 10:28, Steven Noels a écrit :
>
>> ...That said, we need to discuss access policies to the Daisy
>> instance on our Cocoon zone. It's only logical committers are granted
>> "User" access immediately. What about non-committer documentation
>> contributors?..
>

> I suggest having a vote here before giving them access, to be
> consistent with our usual way of doing things.

+1.

However, this raises the question of how they can contribute before
getting access. If they have to provide patches against existing docs,
then we loose a large part of Daisy's benefits and will refrain people
to contribute. IMO we need a kind of sandbox where non-User people can
write some docs.

Can this be achieved using a particular document collection (e.g.
sandbox or incubator) where people not yet voted User can work?

> And I guess a CLA [1] is required before giving people access, as the
> documentation is contributed to the ASF.

Yes, for people in the "doc-team" (a better name than "User"), but not
for people posting to the sandbox (same rule as the wiki).

Sylvain