cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Access to Daisy for contributors
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:27:34 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 6 juin 05, à 10:28, Steven Noels a écrit :
>> ...That said, we need to discuss access policies to the Daisy
>> instance on our Cocoon zone. It's only logical committers are granted
>> "User" access immediately. What about non-committer documentation
>> contributors?..
> I suggest having a vote here before giving them access, to be
> consistent with our usual way of doing things.

However, this raises the question of how they can contribute before
getting access. If they have to provide patches against existing docs,
then we loose a large part of Daisy's benefits and will refrain people
to contribute. IMO we need a kind of sandbox where non-User people can
write some docs.

Can this be achieved using a particular document collection (e.g.
sandbox or incubator) where people not yet voted User can work?

> And I guess a CLA [1] is required before giving people access, as the
> documentation is contributed to the ASF.

Yes, for people in the "doc-team" (a better name than "User"), but not
for people posting to the sandbox (same rule as the wiki).