cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: [Ann/RFC] "Sitemap Blocks"
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 10:19:06 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> I have added a first, hopefully working, version of the sitemap aspect
>> of real blocks to the trunk. No functionality to get components (not
>> even VPCs) yet from the blocks.
> Many thanks mate!!! I will give you feedback on the issues that I can
> comment on as soon as possible over the next days.

Looking forward to get feedback :)

> Just being curious: What do you think how difficult will it be to
> integrate the OSGi layer beneath your infrastructure? (Yes, I read your
> RT but I'm intersted in your thoughts after reaching the first milestone
> of blcoks implementation.)

I have not thought that much more on OSGi integration, so the RT still
reflects my current ideas. I plan to start experimenting with OSGi in
the whiteboard ASAP if no one protests. Then we should get a better idea
about the issues.

Things that still are unclear to me is how the "Cocoon service" should
find the wiring info or the main sitemap in a convenient way in OSGi.

Although it is not needed for getting a first version of real blocks I
think we will need to spend much work on spliting the core into smaller
pieces and to be much more clear about what is api and what is

View raw message