cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [Ann/RFC] "Sitemap Blocks"
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 10:19:06 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> I have added a first, hopefully working, version of the sitemap aspect
>> of real blocks to the trunk. No functionality to get components (not
>> even VPCs) yet from the blocks.
>
> Many thanks mate!!! I will give you feedback on the issues that I can
> comment on as soon as possible over the next days.

Looking forward to get feedback :)

> Just being curious: What do you think how difficult will it be to
> integrate the OSGi layer beneath your infrastructure? (Yes, I read your
> RT but I'm intersted in your thoughts after reaching the first milestone
> of blcoks implementation.)

I have not thought that much more on OSGi integration, so the RT still
reflects my current ideas. I plan to start experimenting with OSGi in
the whiteboard ASAP if no one protests. Then we should get a better idea
about the issues.

Things that still are unclear to me is how the "Cocoon service" should
find the wiring info or the main sitemap in a convenient way in OSGi.

Although it is not needed for getting a first version of real blocks I
think we will need to spend much work on spliting the core into smaller
pieces and to be much more clear about what is api and what is
implementation.

/Daniel