cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon-cforms-library
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:41:13 GMT
Vishal Nagota wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I'm very much intrested in working for apache. I was thinking a lot
> about the project on which I could work on but nothing good came to my
> mind. The project which I liked the most among the projects given by
> you is cocoon-cforms-library.
>
> At present I'm pursuing my B.Tech from IIT Bombay, India. Though my
> department is material science, but i have a lot of interests in
> coding & networking.
>
> As far as my previous works ar concerned,  I've worked on devlopment
> of Proxy Server in java (platform independent)  as a summer project,
> under an ISP company in Jaipur, India.
>
> Also I'm doing a project on computaional modeling of forging process
> using vc++, at cemef (Ecole des Mine de Paris, France) as my summer
> internship project.  Please see few other projects also, which I've
> worked on in my resume at :
>  http://homepages.iitb.ac.in/~vishal_nagota/Vishal_Nagota_resume.htm
>
> It would be great of you if you could let me know wether I should
> apply for the project or not. And what are my chances to get the
> project.
>
> Thanking You in Anticipation.

Many thanks for your application! I (we) don't know if *you* should apply for
the project or not. It mainly depends if you feel yourself able to implement the
features desribed at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonFormsScratchpad.

Please have a look at the proposal and the Cocoon Forms block and give us a
short summary about

  * your experiences with Cocoon (if you don't have any, describe your first
    impressions)
  * how you want to tackle the 'cocoon-cforms-library'-project
  * what are the crucial points of the 'cocoon-cforms-library'-project
    in your opinion

If you don't want to publish your summary so that it can be read by your
competitors you can send it directly to me - I will ensure that the other Cocoon
committers will get it.

If you have some questions (I'm sure that you will have some in order to write
the summary ;-) ) feel free to ask on dev@cocoon.apache.org - please don't send
them to me directly.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc