cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: xslt and jxtg performance
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:28:13 GMT
Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On 5/31/05, Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf@nada.kth.se> wrote:
>
>>BURGHARD Éric wrote:

>>>I apologize.
>>
>>No problem, these performance issues is always a little bit touchy ;)
>
> It should probably be pointed out that other people have found that
> the latest releases of Saxon 8 are significantly faster than previous
> versions of Saxon (and it was already faster than many processors).
> We've seen much better preformance for some of our stuff.  So, much of
> this might be a Saxon issue and not JXTG/Cocoon issue...

Éric's scripts made heavy use of JXPath on DOM trees, so until I'm
proved wrong with hard profiling data, I will assume that it is a JXPath
issue rather than an JXTG/Cocoon issue ;)

To be able to do know if and in that case where e.g. JXTG have
performance problems we need to set up benchmark scripts and profiling
as part of the distro.

/Daniel