cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: xslt and jxtg performance
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:28:13 GMT
Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On 5/31/05, Daniel Fagerstrom <> wrote:
>>BURGHARD Éric wrote:
>>>I apologize.
>>No problem, these performance issues is always a little bit touchy ;)
> It should probably be pointed out that other people have found that
> the latest releases of Saxon 8 are significantly faster than previous
> versions of Saxon (and it was already faster than many processors).
> We've seen much better preformance for some of our stuff.  So, much of
> this might be a Saxon issue and not JXTG/Cocoon issue...

Éric's scripts made heavy use of JXPath on DOM trees, so until I'm
proved wrong with hard profiling data, I will assume that it is a JXPath
issue rather than an JXTG/Cocoon issue ;)

To be able to do know if and in that case where e.g. JXTG have
performance problems we need to set up benchmark scripts and profiling
as part of the distro.

View raw message