cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code - projects and mentors wanted
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:02:35 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Cocoonistas,
>
> You might have noticed yesterday's announcement at
> http://code.google.com/ about the Summer of Code initiative,
> http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html
>
> We should have more detailed info for the ASF communities in the next
> few days (we're still ironing out the details about project sandboxes,
> CLAs etc.), but as the initiative is public already, project
> propositions are welcome at
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005.
>
> Each project needs to have at least one mentor (who must be a committer
> AFAIK, but various models might be possible) to happen, so that students
> are not lost in the dark.
>
> I have entered a project at
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005#cocoon-refdoc, and I'm
> looking for at least one co-mentor, as I'll be partially offline in July
> and August. If someone's available for this, please let me know.

Bertrand, I will be willing to be a second mentor on this, although we
will have to compare dates in July as I will be away for a week around
ApacheCon. Also, I'm not a committer here at Cocoon only at Forrest so
I'm not sure howthat affects your comment "must be a committer  AFAIK,
but various models might be possible"

I've also added a Forrest project at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005#forrest-voice

Ross