cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Logkit jvadocs
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:26:27 GMT
<head>
</head>
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Antonio Gallardo wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Well, I think it is time to discuss again.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->I still think we should remove the dependency to LogKit
in 2.2 - we all
see now that it's a dead project. So is there any reason to keep it?
Noone else is using it and removing the dependency to LogKit does *not*
mean that our logging infrastructure for components (LogEnabled) will be
removed as well. Apart from configuration it's totally transparent.

Carsten
  </pre>
If you are talking about keeping the dependency on
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.LoggerManager and
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger in CocoonServlet, then I
don't really care as those are the two interfaces I implement to use my
own logging framework.&nbsp; I don't really care what the default
implementation of these interfaces is as long as they don't go away.<br>
Ralph<br>