cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Docs] Refactoring, porting Wiki content, and evaluating Daisy
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:40:06 GMT
On 10 Jun 2005, at 04:07, Mark Leicester wrote:

>     * Newly created pages are invisible until they are published (by
> someone with publishing rights). It's a little like flying blind. I
> had to remember document IDs in order to cross-link (unpublished pages
> don't show up in the link chooser). I couldn't review my newly created
> pages unless I edited them (if I view a newly created page I just see
> "This document is not yet published.").

You can access unpublished versions from the "Versions" overview.

Check http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocooninaction/20.html,
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocooninaction/20/versions.html
and http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocooninaction/20/version/2

>     * I had to edit the navigation structure to see my changes. Again,
> adding document IDs/labels to this structure had to be done from
> memory.

So I guess unpublished documents should also be listed when doing
"insert by query".

>     * Switching between the navigation structure editor and the page
> editor was tedious. I understand the power of this separation, but
> from a usability point of view it would be nice to make the management
> of a page's location possible from the page itself.

Yes - though it's very hard to make people believe that THERE'S NO
HIERARCHY IN THE REPOSITORY when content can be inserted from a
taxonomy.

> I think it's going to prove difficult for editors to make significant
> structural changes due to this lack of visibility and immediate
> feedback. Incidentally, despite not having publish permissions, I can
> still see a checkbox saying "Publish changes immediately" when I edit
> a page.

Useful feedback!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org