cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r201870 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks: forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/util/DomHelper.java woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/util/DomHelper.java
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:58:57 GMT
On Lun, 27 de Junio de 2005, 8:34, Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
> antonio@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: antonio
>> Date: Sun Jun 26 08:34:51 2005
>> New Revision: 201870

>> Log:
>> Use org.w3c.dom.UserDataHandler instead of
>> org.apache.xerces.dom3.UserDataHandler. Xerces now uses DOM Level 3.
>
> It means 2.1 won't run on older Xerces anymore. I think this is not
> acceptable -
> not at this moment anyway, when many containers are running with older
> Xerces.
> Please revert, for 2.1.

Hi Vadim:

The problem is the old org.apache.xerces.dom3.UserDataHandler does not
exists in the new Xerces version.

What to do?

I want to add, I noted this version is faster and seems they fixed some
bugs. We are using it right now in development and until now we don't
found errors. If you have some problems with this new release, I will like
to know about them.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.