cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Leicester <mark.leices...@efurbishment.com>
Subject Re: Access to Daisy for contributors
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:10:31 GMT
Currently anyone who adds information to the Wiki is implicitly
committing to the ASF. As per http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/License,
their contributions automatically fall under the Apache 2 license. They
do this without signing a CLA.

With Daisy the proposal seems to be that we require people who post
documents to our new Daisy repository to sign a CLA? But, good sense
suggests Daisy commenters need not. Is there any reason why this has to
be this way? Why can't all Daisy contributors be in the non-CLA signing
category. After all, all content ends up as ASF license 2.0 in the end!

Mark