cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Linden H van der (MI)" <H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl>
Subject [VOTE] Consensus about documentation location
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:33:26 GMT
Guys,

I'm aware that I'm not officially a committer (yet), however, I think it
will be a good idea to get explicit consensus on where to locate the
docs and about a rough outline of the future actions.

This is the proposal:

- the current Daisy site at the zones [1] will be the "incubator" for
the new documentation. I.e. new content is to be entered there.
- this documentation is targeted at Cocoon 2.2. This means that we try
to write version-independent documentation, but when there is a
difference between 2.1 and 2.2, the documentation will describe 2.2.
- the rules for the various roles have been defined already [2]. Note,
registered guests can leave comments.
- this also implies that we stick with Daisy as CMS (and not venture on
the endless hunt for THE best system/toolset).
- all current content in both wiki and "official docs" will be evaluated
and either deprecated or moved over into the Daisy site.
- once the wiki is "processed" (i.e. all documentation is (re)moved), it
will only serve as a scratchpad, either for random thoughts/proposals or
for users that want to offer documentation but have no editor rights in
the Daisy site. I.e. the content of the wiki should be kept as small as
possible and deprecated information should be removed as soon as
possible.
- the current intention is to eventually move the content of the Daisy
site over to the "official documentation". This is no hard coded rule
and may be changed later.

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocooninaction/4.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg31807.html

Bye, Helma