cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Leicester <mark.leices...@efurbishment.com>
Subject Re: [Docs] A structure for "Getting Started"
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 15:47:55 GMT
Hi Helma,

> Fine. I've already thought about the length of the pages currently in
> the tutorial, but I'd rather get the stuff in first and refactor later.
> Mind you, I don't like pages that consist of a header and one
> paragraph.

OK, I'll just add whatever I think is useful as a new page (editing
existing pages if it makes sense to me).

> Note that I've added the section about Eclipse and Subclipse to:
> - provide an IDE environment that makes working with Cocoon files
> easier
> - try to "educate" them to use a code versioning system from the
> beginning, although I've also talked about using CVSNT for that.

Yes, I think we are writing more than a reference manual here. Perhaps,
at the appropriate places we could also talk about unit testing and
other best practices.

>> + Getting Cocoon from the source repository
>>    + Installing and configuring your IDE
>>      + Eclipse
>>        + Subclipse
>>    + Checking out Cocoon
>>      + Using the command line
>>      + Using Subclipse
>
> As Sylvain pointed out, this might be scary for "newbies", but it can
> still be added and marked 'advanced'.

Yes. Sounds good.

> Have you looked at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Cocoon215TOC ?

Yes, I have, thanks for the reminder!

> Now that I'm in charge :-) I propose to mark each wiki page that is
> moved over, with the URL of the Daisy page.

Perfect.

Mark