cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Cocoon zone update
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:41:30 GMT
On 03 Jun 2005, at 16:49, Steven Noels wrote:

> On 03 Jun 2005, at 16:12, Linden H van der (MI) wrote:
>
>> I know it's "another" source of the docs, but AFAIU there is a plan to
>> set up a Daisy installation at one of the Apache zones and then the
>> current set of docs from the Handbook site can be moved over.
>
> ... a plan which I'm working on at this very moment - still fighting a
> bit with Solaris-isms. Should be OK pretty soon now.

I'll call it a night, but http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/ is live
- still a crude and empty setup, however.

What do we have: Apache2 mod_proxying /daisy/ to Daisy - that way we
can have other Cocoon instances[1] mounted parallel to Daisy. The Daisy
Wiki (Cocoon) runs on port 8081 - in order not to clash with the
"default" Cocoon/Jetty port. The Daisy repository service and OpenJMS
run on their usual ports. All Daisy-related stuff is installed in
/home/daisy and runs under its own user - I've been using "wrapper"
from tanukisoftware for this. That way, people are able to sudo into
the daisy user and can do the usual start|stop|restart thing.

Bertrand, Upayavira and I have root/sudo access. Any committer can ask
for an account.

Next week:

0) document what I've done (oh - the joy of solaris!)
1) move handbook content from cocoondev.org -> the cocoon solaris zone
2) think about organization: variants, document types, collections,
Daisy sites, faceted browsing, etc

People interested in co-administering Daisy on the Cocoon zone should
register themselves and ping me so that I can add them to the relevant
role - I'll try to figure out how they can sudo into the Daisy setup as
well without needing blanket root access. Make sure you read Daisy docs
before pinging! ;)

[1] Just for kicks, I'm running a temporary Cocoon 2.1.7 demo from my
user account, proxied on /cocoondemo/ - but obviously it needs more
mod_rewrite foo than Daisy ATM.

Cheers,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org