cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jörg Heinicke" <Joerg.Heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: "CForms - XUL" Project proposal
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:43:24 GMT
> --- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht ---
> Von: "Maksim Kashynski" <kaszynski@gmail.com>
> Datum: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:36:13 +0300
>
> Hi everybody!
> My name is Maksim Kashynski.
>
> I am interested in working on CForms-XUL project under Google SoC.
>
> So this is my proposal's draft.
> Problem:
>   Cocoon CForms currently supports only HTML rendering. Mozilla XUL is
> popular and powerful use interface language but isn't currently supported.
>
> Solution
>   Provide XUL rendering for CForms using existing CForms model by adding
> appropriate transformations, mostly XSL stylesheets.

Hello Maksim,

isn't "just" converting the stylesheets for HTML to ones for XUL to easy?
The really interesting part with XUL is to use it as rich client, i.e. to
avoid rendering the complete page on each request, but only the parts that
need to be rendered. Independent on the new AJAX hype, that Sylvain has
implemented for HTML, XUL provides a similar mechanism itself - including a
client side templating (chapter 9 of the tutorial starting at
http://xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/intrordf.html). This would be an
implementation that really uses the options XUL provides.

Just my IMO ...
I can also offer help on this.

Joerg

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++