cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: CForms Summer of Code project
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:34:32 GMT
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 08:04:26AM +0200, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Max Pfingsthorn wrote:
> >Hi again!
> >
> >This is mainly to Reinhard and Sylvain, I guess. Who else is a CForms
> >guru here? :)
>
> IIRC the idea came from Tim Larson who has also started with some
> experimental code
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/forms/) but I have to
> admit that I don't know what the current status of it is.

I do not remember the most current state it is in, but it
was working pretty well, iirc.  This means defining and
instanciating macros worked, and macro libraries could be
imported.  The "Swan" code is the test case for these
features, so look there to see what works.

> The design and the implementation will be discussed on this list and
> anybody who's interested can take part in the discussions. I'm willing to
> take the role of the official mentor but I would like a co-mentor who knows
> cForms in depth (Sylvain, Tim, Bruno, ...). This person doesn't need to be
> officially named but he is more a backup for Max if the whole community is
> on holidays and he needs a contact person for technical questions. Tim has
> already offered to help "unofficially", right? (Just asking again for Max.)

Yes, I am willing to help with however much time I have left
over from moving :)  I just do not know how much time that
will be, so I will not be a full "offical" mentor.

--Tim Larson