cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject [CForms] URL Validator
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:33:35 GMT
I'm in need of a simple URL validator for CForms. It should test
whether a string value represents a well-formed URL and if it doesn't,
prepend "http://" and try again.

I think this would nicely cover the use case where you need to specify
a website address in a form but don't want to force users to specify
the protocol.

Has anybody come up with something similar before?

Also, I would like the field value to be a well-formed URL in any case,
so it should always contain a protocol part. Is it allowed for a
validator to change the value of its widget? Would it be better instead
to define a new "url" datatype and corresponding convertor? It looks
cleaner, but it also seems overkill to define a validator, a datatype
and a convertor (plus factory classes) just to cover this simple use
case.

	WDYT?

		Ugo

--