cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <jason.johns...@Intrado.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.7 in Weblogic 8.1.4
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:01:54 GMT
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 17:48 -0400, Irv Salisbury wrote:
> On 6/21/05, Tony Collen <colle006@umn.edu> wrote:
> > Irv Salisbury wrote:
> > > Just some more notes on this.  It all seems to be happening at the
> > > rhino level.  The standard off the shelf cocoon works fine until we do
> > > anything in flowscript (with our without forms)  We get two main
> > > errors:
> > >
> > > 1. java.lang.ClassCastException: inv1
> > > 2. function FOM_WebContinuation() {
> > >       [native code]
> > > }
> > >  is not a function.
> > >
> > > This has become increasingly frustrating.
> >
> > Yep, Weblogic ships with it's own version of Rhino.  The solution is to
> > use JavaFlow, I believe.
> >

> > Tony
> >

> Ok, that would be a great solution, but we already have a bunch of
> javascript based flow.  Is there any way to override rhino from
> weblogic?
>
> Irv

It's horribly (HORRIBLY!) ugly, but our way around this was to pull down
both the Rhino and Cocoon sources, and run a shell script (see below) on
all the source files to change the Rhino package name from org.mozilla.*
to org.nozilla.* before building.  This prevents the collision with
Weblogic's version of Rhino.

Maybe a little less painful than converting to Javaflow?

I'd definitely be interested in any other solutions people have found.
This still makes me cringe.
--Jason

#!/bin/sh

for lsFile in `find . -type f -exec grep -q org.mozilla {} \; -print` ; do
    echo "Editing "$lsFile
    mv $lsFile $lsFile.moz-old
    sed -r 's/org(.)mozilla/org\1nozilla/g' $lsFile.moz-old > $lsFile
    diff $lsFile.moz-old $lsFile
done

for lsDir in `find . -type d -name mozilla` ; do
    echo "Renaming "$lsDir" "`dirname $lsDir`/nozilla
    mv $lsDir `dirname $lsDir`/nozilla
done