cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <>
Subject Re: [docs] old docs import done
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:56:30 GMT
On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 17:15 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 17 juin 05, à 17:08, Upayavira a écrit :
> > ...a document detailing how the HTMLGenerator works, with all of its
> > options, wouldn't be that useful in other parts of the documentation
> > (other than as a link), IMO.
> IMHO such reference documents should have permanent and predictable
> short URLs, say "reference/components/HTMLGenerator" in this case.
> That's hoping these will be generated automatically of course, at some
> point.

Depends a bit on what is part of the automatically-generated docs. IMHO
documentation that provides usage notes on components (thus, which is
not really javadoc) should better not be maintained as javadoc. For
example, take the I18nTransformer. There's a very very long javadoc
there which is essentially user documentation and is very hard to
read/maintain in the form of javadoc.

I am +1 though on merging technical information on the component (such a
it is cacheable, is it poolable, ...) automatically from the sources.

Bruno Dumon