cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] old docs import: next steps
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:43:38 GMT
On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 10:50 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 15 juin 05, à 09:31, Bruno Dumon a écrit :
>
> > ...* I'll put all the imported documents into a collection called
> > "documentation"...
>
> hmm..."legacy" maybe?

also fine, though see below for why I was inclined to simply call it
documentation...

> It would be good to differentiate what's imported, for example to
> generate warnings like on
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/c2/build/cocoon-2-2/c21-index.html

While this wouldn't be hard to do, I don't like it very much because:

 * it's additional work to remove it again afterwards
 * the purpose of this import would not be to remain a static legacy
copy, but rather something based on which we start working for the new
docs, which also means asap removing all completely outdated pages, and
putting a disclaimer on pages of dubious quality.
 * since documentation will never be as correct, complete and up to date
as we want, we could potentially place a disclaimer on each
documentation page.

> > ...If no one objects, I'll just continue as outlined above.
>
> Sounds good, thanks!

no problem.