cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject [docs] old docs import: next steps
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:31:16 GMT
Here's what I would like to do as next steps:

* first of all, I'm aware that there have been voices to not import
anything and start from a blank slate. Personally, I think manually
copying over old docs will be a boring and time consuming task, I think
it will be easier to drop not wanted stuff after the import. I propose
I'll just go ahead and do the import so that you can see the results for
yourself, we can then still decide to drop it. We're talking about only
(more or less) 250 documents, so it is not an unmanageable amount of
information.

* Since the import relies on some new Daisy features, I'll see to
prepare a new Daisy snapshot release which can then be installed on the
zone. I would do this by this friday.

Then for the actual import, which I'd also like to do on friday:

* I'll put all the imported documents into a collection called
"documentation".

* I'll create a document type called "Document", initially the same as
SimpleDocument, which will be used for all documents. Later on we can
then add fields for keywords etc. to this document type.

* Before running the import, I'll disable the notification mails to the
docs list to avoid a few hundred uninteresting mails.

* I'll make the output of the import process available, which lists all files
with the corresponding ID of the created Daisy document, which also
lists skipped files, and untranslated relative links.

If no one objects, I'll just continue as outlined above.