cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] import tool for current docs
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:41:41 GMT
On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 20:27 +0200, Bruno Dumon wrote:
<snip/>
> What still needs to be done & issues:
>  * the current XSL just contains the bare minimum to get something done
> (I focussed my efforts on the javascript), someone needs to
> systematically look at all the tags in the document-v10 dtd to see if
> they're handled correctly (e.g. <dl> is still todo).
>  * testing/verifying of the results
>  * only document-v10 based documents are supported, if necessary support
> for faqs and others could be added (= mainly xsl work)
>  * Daisy doesn't have a <code>-like tag, we need to decide what to do
> with this. Daisy doesn't have this since the Mozilla/IE editor APIs
> don't support the creation of this type of tag.
>  * Daisy doesn't yet support anchors.

I've now also addressed this last item, there's now basic support for
this.

I've done some further finishing touches to the import tool and XSL, and
together with the new <tt> & fragment id support the results are quite
good.

Now just need to manage the practical side of either backporting these
changes to Daisy 1.3-M2, or deciding to use a SVN-snapshot version of
Daisy. I'm leaning towards the last option.