cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Component vs. ComponentSelector (or Service vs. ServiceSelector)
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 16:14:43 GMT
Hello,

whenever I try to lookup my component I get a ClassCastException when I want to
cast it to the component's class. This is probably due to the intermediate
selector one needs(?), but I don't know exactly. I just don't want to have the
additional selector as there is just one implementation. And from my searches
[1] and comparisons with existing Cocoon code [2] I got the feeling it must be
possible without selectors. Is it? And how must the "thing" be set up (roles
file + xconf)?

Thanks in advance,

Joerg

[1] http://excalibur.apache.org/framework/guide-cop-in-avalon.html (In the
example the result of the lookup is directly casted. Furthermore the text sounds
like the selector being optional.)

[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_7/src/blocks/forms/
java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js?rev=158761&view=markup (The
lookup result of FormManager.ROLE or BindingManager.ROLE is directly casted to
FormManager or BindingManager. Though its flow script here, in the method in
FOM_Cocoon nothing else is done than manager.lookup(String). The same is true
for the javaflow example at
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/tags/RELEASE_2_1_7/src/blocks/javaflow/
java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/java/FormInstance.java?rev=158761&view=markup.)