cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: Forrest & Daisy integration scenarios
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 12:13:20 GMT
On 13 May 2005, at 17:44, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Problem is, ATM I don't think anyone has a sizeable chunk of
> up-to-date consistent content to contribute. I'd love to be proven
> wrong though.
> If someone could come up with that (in any structured format - we do
> conversions don't we?), I'd be all for starting to use Daisy to create
> "editorial" (as opposed to generated) docs, and would volunteer to
> help administer it if needed. But until this sizeable chunk exists,
> setting up new tools might be a waste of time.

Very valid point. Two thoughts:

* move the exiting xdoc-based documentation into Daisy, so that folks
have something to start working from (requires a huge leap of faith, I
* loose ties and integration: let's not try to design an
all-encompassing process/system for generated, editorial, contributed,
imagined and whatever kind of other information/documentation - we have
the luxury of working with the web which makes integration of disparate
processes and tools a matter of wget/mod_rewrite/mod_proxy and
whatelse. As long as all tools produce wget-able, visually-united
webpages, we can generate something which is up for automated static

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

View raw message