cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_cache and Content-length
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 14:50:53 GMT
Le 30 mai 05, à 16:44, Ugo Cei a écrit :

> ....And indeed, there's no way to configure generation of
> content-length header in AbstractTextSerializer without overriding the
> shouldSetContentLenght() method in a subclass.
>
> Is there any particular reason why this has not been made
> configurable, or is it just that nobody has had this particular itch
> to scratch yet? In the latter case, I'd like to scratch it myself, if
> no one objects...

As long as you keep the current behavior with the default value, no one
can complain I guess.

Also, it would be good to put a warning next to the configuration
option: activating this causes (IIUC) the serializer to buffer the
whole output before sending it, which can make a big
performance/resources difference.

-Bertrand