cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Planet Cocoon license and reuse of docs
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 13:35:18 GMT
On 24 May 2005, at 22:42, Upayavira wrote:

> If someone else can offer an existing CMS that has the features they
> need, and can be installed and operational within a reasonable amount
> of time, then we'd be asking different questions.

I'm at a conference this week, so e-mail access is erratic.

That said, next week I'll be back, and if we have our Solaris zone set
up and I have access to it (Antonio?), I'll set up MySQL 4.1 + Daisy
1.3M2 on that zone.

We don't have time currently to implement an xdocs importer or
exporter, but I doubt this is an unachievable task. If anyone wants to
beat us to it (and please do), there's the ancient JSPWiki importer in
the Daisy SVN repo (which would need to be updated anyhow). An exporter
however is a different beast altogether, but we make a sincere promise
we'll try to get there in the foreseeable future. Not a question of
do-a-bility, but rather time and priorities.

I wouldn't bother too much with an importer, since IMHO we need a clean
sheet to work with.

OK?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org