cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms and XHTML
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 10:35:49 GMT
I did some tests and this is what I came up with:

The main problem seems to be that the browser is confused by empty
<script /> tags. This is easily fixed by something like:

<script src="...">
   <xsl:comment> filler </xsl:comment>
</script>

in the CForms sample stylesheets.

Then you have to have HTML elements in the XHTML namespace
(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml), or you'll see a blank page. This also
means that the stylesheets must be modified to react on
namespace-qualified "head" and "body" elements.

Once you've done this, the form can be seen and works ... mostly.

What does not work now are popup calendars and the HtmlArea widget :(

Assuming I can fix them, this will be for Firefox only, since I don't
have a windows machine for testing with IE.

Frankly, I'm thinking about switching back to HTML.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/